As a funded two-year specialist pre-vocational course, the AVT will best prepare you for entry to high level diploma and degree courses in performing arts.
The Access to Vocational Training course (AVT) is a funded two-year dance and musical theatre course for 16 to 18 year olds (Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma – 720GLH).
As an affordable, specialist pre-vocational training scheme, the AVT will best prepare you for entry to high level diploma and degree courses in performing arts. Upon successful completion, you will gain an OCR qualification that will earn you up to 112 UCAS points (equivalent to two A-Levels). Students are being taught in classes no bigger than 18.
As well as no course fees, you can apply and may be eligible for means-tested accommodation support.
Grades 4(C) in English and Maths.
• To meet to talent criteria through an audition process
• To have achieved a grade C/ 4 in both English and Maths
• To live within reasonable daily travelling distance of roughly one hour or so’s journey to college and one or so’s journey home. This will depend on the method and availability of travel means not postcode.
• Residential Support Scheme applications will only be considered for those students who cannot access the same or similar substantial qualification within daily travelling distance of their home based on their home postcode and an assessment of their household income
• 16 to 19 year Bursary Funding is considered upon individual application based on financial hardship (proof will be required)
Please note that if you have already completed two years at Sixth form or on any other BTEC/Level 3 equivalents, you will not be eligible for the AVT, our Foundation course will be your best alternative.