Friday 19th January 2018 (fully booked)
please contact us on email@example.com to be added to our waiting list
Course validated by
As a funded two-year specialist pre-vocational course, the AVT will best prepare you for entry to high level diploma and degree courses in performing arts.
The Access to Vocational Training course (AVT) is a funded two-year dance and musical theatre course for 16 to 18 year olds (Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma – 720GLH).
As an affordable, specialist pre-vocational training scheme, the AVT will best prepare you for entry to high level diploma and degree courses in performing arts. Upon successful completion, you will gain an OCR qualification that will earn you up to 112 UCAS points (equivalent to two A-Levels). Students are being taught in classes no bigger than 18.
As well as no course fees, you can apply and may be eligible for means-tested accommodation support.
Grades 4(C) in English and Maths.
Please note that if you have already completed two years at Sixth form or on any other BTEC/Level 3 equivalents, you will not be eligible for the AVT, our Foundation course will be your best alternative.
- Dance – genres include Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Contemporary and Commercial/Street;
- Singing – development of your voice and vocal techniques both as a soloist and ensemble;
- Acting – understanding key influences, learn to develop and apply a range of acting techniques in performance;
- Integrated Performance;
- End of year performance working with various choreographers;
- Performing Art Business;
- Arts Administration – investigating work between performance jobs and considering freelance employment.