Friday 19th January 2018 (fully booked)
please contact us on email@example.com to be added to our waiting list
Course validated by
Our three-year BA programme connects aspiring students to a career in the performing arts through outstanding technical training and academic study.
The structure of the degree programme offers 3 different pathways ( Triple-threat, Actor/Singer Focus, Dance Focus) that allow you to focus on your specialisms. Our BA programme nurtures raw talent and allows students to pursue specific interests, without boundaries. This programme has been validated by Anglia Ruskin University.
This course is for students 18 and up, who are keen to be academically challenged by the theory of musical theatre and dance alongside learning the craft of performance. The challenging BA programme provides students the opportunity to train to the highest standards for a professional career in musical theatre and dance, whilst gaining solid academic skills that will enhance career prospects upon graduation.
- Full time, delivered over three years
- Vocational and academic studies
- Practical skills in dance, singing and acting
- Productions showcase students learning in a range of Dance and Musical Theatre disciplines
- Facilitates greater understanding of cultural and historical developments in dance and musical theatre
- Emphasises the importance of academic study through independent research projects
- Offer opportunities to be creative through guided choreography projects
- Vocational classes are taught in groups no bigger than 18, which ensures individual learning
This programme evaluates students on the quality of their academic and practical work.
- A passion for the performing arts
80 points (new UCAS tariff) through Level 3 academic qualifications (BTEC, A-Level, Scottish Highers etc)
C in GCSE English Language (or equivalent).
EU and international students will need to have gained an Academic IELTS score of 6.5. For details of entrance requirement by country please check this link: https://www.anglia.ac.uk/
After the first year, students may opt to follow a more focused pathway: triple threat training, singer/acting focus or a more dance-based focus. This allows students to elect their direction of study in the second and third years in line with their natural talent and likely destinations. The pathways give students the opportunity to explore their strengths and passions in greater detail, and opens the degree to applicants whose strengths lie in or one or two specialist areas.
Below are the core subjects studied by all students. However, depending on the pathway chosen by the students, greater emphasis will be placed on specialist disciplines.
"The warm and friendly staff and family atmosphere along with training that is tailored to me as an individual make urdang a fantastic place to study"