Audition applications for our 2018/19 AVT Course are now open!
We invite applicants between 16-18 years old to audition for the next intake of our fully funded Access to Vocational Training Course (AVT) starting in September 2018
As a funded two-year specialist pre-vocational course, the AVT will best prepare you for entry to high level diploma and degree courses in performing arts.
The Access to Vocational Training course (AVT) is a funded two-year dance and musical theatre course for 16 to 18 year olds (Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma – 720GLH).
As an affordable, specialist pre-vocational training scheme, the AVT will best prepare you for entry to high level diploma and degree courses in performing arts.
Upon successful completion, you will gain an OCR qualification that will earn you up to 112 UCAS points (equivalent to two A-Levels). Students are being taught in classes no bigger than 18.
• To meet to talent criteria through an audition process
• To have achieved a grade C or above (4+) in both English and Maths
• To live within reasonable and affordable daily travelling distance of college.
• 16 to 19 year Bursary Funding is considered upon individual application based on financial hardship (proof will be required)
Please note that if you have already completed two years at Sixth form or on any other BTEC/Level 3 equivalents, you will not be eligible for the AVT, our Foundation course will be your best alternative.
On the day all auditionee’s will be assessed in:
1. A ballet class
2. A jazz audition
3. Singing – Please prepare one song of your choice that shows range and acting ability (sheet music required)
You will also have a short interview and be asked to fill out a paper application form on arrival.
To book your place click here