You will be able to register online for a free place at an Open Day from mid-August.
Open Days run between 1.15pm and 4pm and applicants can bring one guest.
Friday 4th October 2019
Monday 14th October 2019
Monday 4th November 2019
Friday 15th November 2019
Friday 22nd November 2019
Friday 17th January 2020
Monday 20th January 2020
Dates may be subject to change.
Course validated by
As a funded two-year specialist pre-vocational course, the AVT will best prepare you for entry to high level diploma and degree courses in performing arts.
The Access to Vocational Training course (AVT) is a funded two-year dance and musical theatre course for 16 to 18 year olds (Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma – 720GLH).
As an affordable, specialist pre-vocational training scheme, the AVT will best prepare you for entry to high level diploma and degree courses in performing arts. Upon successful completion, you will gain an OCR qualification that will earn you up to 112 UCAS points (equivalent to two A-Levels). Students are being taught in classes no bigger than 18.
As well as no course fees, you can apply and may be eligible for means-tested accommodation support.
Grades 4(C) in English and Maths.
• To meet to talent criteria through an audition process
• To have achieved a grade C/ 4 in both English and Maths
• To live within reasonable daily travelling distance of roughly one hour or so’s journey to college and one or so’s journey home. This will depend on the method and availability of travel means not postcode.
• Residential Support Scheme applications will only be considered for those students who cannot access the same or similar substantial qualification within daily travelling distance of their home based on their home postcode and an assessment of their household income
• 16 to 19 year Bursary Funding is considered upon individual application based on financial hardship (proof will be required)
Please note that if you have already completed two years at Sixth form or on any other BTEC/Level 3 equivalents, you will not be eligible for the AVT, our Foundation course will be your best alternative.
- Dance – genres include Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Contemporary and Commercial/Street;
- Singing – development of your voice and vocal techniques both as a soloist and ensemble;
- Acting – understanding key influences, learn to develop and apply a range of acting techniques in performance;
- Integrated Performance;
- End of year performance working with various choreographers;
- Performing Art Business;
- Arts Administration – investigating work between performance jobs and considering freelance employment.