Owing to the ongoing COVID-19 situation we cannot guarantee we will be able to host any Open Days for 2021 entry at Urdang. We are planning on some exciting alternative arrangements to allow you to experience our facilities.
Please keep an eye on the website and social media for updates.
If you have any further enquiries please email email@example.com
Course validated by
As a funded two-year specialist pre-vocational course, the AVT will best prepare you for entry to high level diploma and degree courses in performing arts.
The Access to Vocational Training course (AVT) is a funded two-year dance and musical theatre course for 16 to 18 year olds (Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma – 720GLH).
As an affordable, specialist pre-vocational training scheme, the AVT will best prepare you for entry to high level diploma and degree courses in performing arts. Upon successful completion, you will gain an OCR qualification that will earn you up to 112 UCAS points (equivalent to two A-Levels). Students are being taught in classes no bigger than 18.
Grades 4(C) in English and Maths.
• To meet to talent criteria through an audition process
• To have achieved a grade C/4 in both English and Maths
• To live within reasonable daily travelling distance of roughly one hour or so’s journey to college and one or so’s journey home. This will depend on the method and availability of travel means not postcode.
Please note that if you have already completed two years at Sixth form or on any other BTEC/Level 3 equivalents, you will not be eligible for the AVT, our Foundation course will be your best alternative.
The course includes the following core subjects:-
- Dance – genres include Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Contemporary and Commercial/Street;
- Singing – development of your voice and vocal techniques both as a soloist and ensemble;
- Acting – understanding key influences, learn to develop and apply a range of acting techniques in performance;
- Integrated Performance;
- End of year performance working with various choreographers;
- Performing Art Business;
- Arts Administration – investigating work between performance jobs and considering freelance employment.