All our Open Days are now fully booked.
We now recommend making an online application. We audition everyone who applies. Click on APPLY NOW for more details.
On the audition day candidates will spend all day at the Urdang and get the chance to speak to staff and current students. Parents/guardians will also be given an introductory talk by staff at the beginning of the day.
If you have any further enquiries please email: email@example.com
The BA (Hons) Professional Dance and Musical Theatre is a high-calibre vocational programme which will equip you for a career in the professional entertainment industry.
The BA (Hons) Professional Dance and Musical Theatre is a high-calibre vocational programme which will equip you for a career in the professional entertainment industry. The three-year programme offers intensive specialist training in dance, singing and acting, aiming to provide you with excellent employment skills. Upon graduation, employment may include musicals (West End and touring), dance companies, television, theatre and education.
After the first year you undertake your studies within a more focused specialist track: triple threat training, singer/acting focus or a more dance-based track. This allows you to choose a direction of study in the second and third year that is in line with your skills, abilities and likely destination.
This BA (Hons) Professional Dance and Musical Theatre is with the University of Birmingham.
- Full-time, delivered over three years
- High contact hours
- Vocational and academic studies
- Practical skills including dance, singing and acting
- Variety of performance opportunities including musicals and showcase
- Small class sizes to ensure effective individual learning
- Greater understanding of cultural and historical developments through academic study and research projects
- Offers opportunities to be creative through guided choreography projects
- Career guidance and industry advice opportunities
- Opportunity to be seen by a range of industry professionals prior to graduation
- Application through UCAS
- Successful completion of Urdang Audition
- 80 points normally through Level 3 academic qualifications (BTEC, A-Level, Scottish Highers, IB etc)
- At least Grade4/C in GCSE English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent)
- All academic requirements could be subject to change and this website will be updated accordingly
- EU/EEA students will need to have gained an Academic IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent.
After the first year, you may choose a more focused study track:, triple threat training, singer/acting focus or a more dance-based focus. This allows you to choose a direction of study in the second and third year of the course that is in line with your natural talent and likely destination. These tracks give the opportunity to explore your strengths and passions in greater detail, and opens the degree to students whose strengths lie in or one or more specialist areas.
This track is designed to support students who are suited to all aspects of Musical Theatre i.e. singing, acting and dance. There is an equal emphasis on Musical Theatre subjects and Dance disciplines. On this track you are expected to reach an exceptional level in all the disciplines of singing, acting and dance.
This track aims to produce the most versatile dancers for the current industry. This course is heavily weighted towards Dance, with Musical Theatre being used as a supporting subject to maintain basic singing and acting skills. You are expected to reach an exceptional level in all dance disciplines.
This track is designed to support those students who will predominantly follow acting and singing based careers. This course is heavily weighted towards Musical Theatre disciplines; dance being used as a supporting discipline to maintain strength and core stability. This track has a strong emphasis towards performance in both Acting and Musical Theatre. On this track you are expected to reach an exceptional level in Singing and Acting modules.
"The warm and friendly staff and family atmosphere along with training that is tailored to me as an individual make urdang a fantastic place to study"