Owing to the ongoing COVID-19 situation we cannot guarantee we will be able to host any Open Days for 2021 entry at Urdang. We are planning on some exciting alternative arrangements to allow you to experience our facilities.
Please keep an eye on the website and social media for updates.
If you have any further enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Course validated by
Our three-year Level 6 Diploma programme prepares students for a career in the performing arts through applied studies.
Our three-year Level 6 Diploma programmes in either Professional Musical Theatre or Professional Dance prepare students for a career in the performing arts through applied studies.
The programmes focus on developing technique, contextual knowledge and performance training through vocational studies. They are validated by Trinity College London & the CDMT.
The structure of our diploma programmes offer 3 different tracks. After the first year you undertake your studies within a more focused specialist track: triple threat training, singer/acting focus or a more dance-based track. This allows you to choose a direction of study in the second and third year that is in line with your skills, abilities and likely destination.
- Full-time, delivered over three years
- High contact hours
- Vocational and academic studies
- Practical skills including dance, singing and acting
- Variety of performance opportunities including musicals and showcase
- Enhances contextual understanding including historical, stylistic and professional aspects of industry
- Small class sizes to ensure effective individual learning
- Offers opportunities to be creative through guided choreography projects
- Career guidance and industry advice opportunities
- Opportunity to be seen by a range of industry professionals prior to graduation
The diploma track system allows you to choose subjects to fit with your primary interests and strengths in the performing arts. This allows you to explore your interests in greater detail and become more specialised in specific areas of the performing arts.
This track is designed to support students who are suited to all aspects of Musical Theatre i.e. singing, acting and dance. There is an equal emphasis on Musical Theatre subjects and Dance disciplines. On this track you are expected to reach an exceptional level in all the disciplines of singing, acting and dance.
This track aims to produce the most versatile dancers for the current industry. This course is heavily weighted towards Dance, with Musical Theatre being used as a supporting subject to maintain basic singing and acting skills. You are expected to reach an exceptional level in all dance disciplines.
This track is designed to support those students who will predominantly follow acting and singing based careers. This course is heavily weighted towards Musical Theatre disciplines; dance being used as a supporting discipline to maintain strength and core stability. This track has a strong emphasis towards performance in both Acting and Musical Theatre. On this track you are expected to reach an exceptional level in Singing and Acting modules.
- Successful completion of an Urdang Audition
- At least Grade 4/C in GCSE English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent)
- All academic requirements could be subject to change and this website will be updated accordingly
- EU/EEA students will need to have gained an Academic IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent
- (EU/EEA academic requirements can be circulated on request)