All our Open Days are now fully booked.
We now recommend making an online application. We audition everyone who applies. Click on APPLY NOW for more details.
On the audition day candidates will spend all day at the Urdang and get the chance to speak to staff and current students. Parents/guardians will also be given an introductory talk by staff at the beginning of the day.
If you have any further enquiries please email: email@example.com
Friday 22nd November 2019 FULLY BOOKED
Friday 17th January 2020 FULLY BOOKED
Monday 20th January 2020 FULLY BOOKED
For all of its courses, Urdang looks for candidates with talent, ambition and personality who are committed, disciplined and hardworking.
Potential and personality are as equally valued as previous experience and attainment. We are looking for raw talent that shines, as well as talented students with previous training. We know that applications and auditions can be stressful, so we’ve set our process below.
Online applications and regstrations for Open Days go live each September.
Everyone who submits an application will be invited to audition.
Applications for 2020 Entry
Auditions will run between November 2019 and May 2020. Please check our Key Dates page for further details KEY DATES (top right of website or via drop down on mobile).
If you are wishing to apply for our BA (HONS) DEGREE please follow all the process below. You will have to also make a separate UCAS application by January 2020.
Our UCAS codes should be published in the next few weeks on our website, but this should not hold up your application for an audition.
If your school/college is pressing for you to submit your UCAS application now you can leave a gap in your choices for our course and add our codes later OR make a UCAS Extra additional application if you are successful in gaining a place on the Degree from 25 February 2020 on.
For further details see the UCAS page here: https://www.ucas.com/
1. Register your email address and choose a password page here to start an online application. You will then receive an activation email to confirm your details. Do check your junk/spam folders for this. We regret that all our Open Days are now fully booked.
2. Complete the online full-time courses application form with your personal details and upload the requested photographs. You should select your FIRST CHOICE course, but you will be considered for others according to your age and qualifications.
3. Make a payment of £45 for the first-round college audition. This fee is non-refundable.
4. You will receive confirmation of registration and receipt of audition payment via e-mail.
5. You will be allocated a first-round audition date and be told what to wear and prepare for the audition day via e-mail (a record of all communications can be found under ‘Messages’ when you log into your account). You will be asked to take part in a ballet class, a jazz class and to prepare two contrasting songs from musicals (bring along piano sheet music for both) and an acting monologue of your choice. There is no need to prepare a dance solo in advance.
6. Log back in to confirm your audition date. (We cannot process your application without this, but you can select an alternative date).
7. Attend your audition on the confirmed date. The day usually lasts from 8:30am to around 6.00pm. Parents/guardians will be given a brief talk and tour of the building first thing and then asked to return at the end of the day.
8. Urdang will confirm by e-mail whether your audition was successful or unsuccessful. Unfortunately, we are unable to give feedback.
9. If your audition is successful, you will either be offered a place on a course (see point 12) OR be invited back to a RECALL audition. There is no guarantee of a place at this audition, but you will be re-considered for courses and funding according to your age and qualifications.
10. Login and confirm your Recall Audition date.
11. Attend your Recall Audition on the confirmed date.
12. Urdang will confirm the outcome of your audition via e-mail. If you are successful, you will be offered one of the following:
• A confirmed place on the 16-18 AVT Level 3 Diploma Programme – conditional on academic qualifications
• A confirmed place on the Foundation Programme
• A confirmed place on the Diploma Programme
• A confirmed place on the Degree Programme – conditional on academic qualifications
• A recall audition for any of the above programmes.
13. You must then log in confirm or reject your place within 14 days. This is in order for us to manage the limited spaces we have on each course. If you accept you must agree to the Terms and Conditions of study and pay a deposit (where applicable). You will also be asked to complete a short Medical Questionnaire. If you do not accept by the deadline you will be placed on a waiting list for a place. We will be in touch later in the year should a suitable place become available.
14. If you are unable to make an audition in person, please contact us and we can provide details of how to prepare a video audition.
You can also view our Admissions and Auditions Policy here.
"The warm and friendly staff and family atmosphere along with training that is tailored to me as an individual make urdang a fantastic place to study"