Owing to the ongoing COVID-19 situation we cannot guarantee we will be able to host any Open Days for 2021 entry at Urdang. We are planning on some exciting alternative arrangements to allow you to experience our facilities.
Please keep an eye on the website and social media for updates.
If you have any further enquiries please email email@example.com
For all of its courses, Urdang looks for candidates with talent, ambition and personality who are committed, disciplined and hardworking.
Potential and personality are as equally valued as previous experience and attainment. We are looking for raw talent that shines, as well as talented students with previous training. We know that applications and auditions can be stressful, so we have set our process below.
Everyone who submits an application will be invited to audition.
Applications for 2021 Entry
Degree applicants only: The Urdang Academy and University of Birmingham collaborative BA Professional Dance and Musical Theatre programme is now live on UCAS and open for applications for 2021.
The UCAS codes you will require are as follows:
Course Code: W4UA
Institution Code: B32
Campus Name: URDANG ACADEMY
Campus Code: U
Online applications and registrations for Open Days usually go live each September. All guidance and procedures listed are subject to change in accordance with health and safety advice from HM Government.
1. From September 2020 – Register your email address and choose a password here to start an online application. You will then receive an activation email to confirm your details. Do check your junk/spam folders for this. We will confirm if Open Days will be allowed to take place later in the year.
2. Complete the online full-time courses application form with your personal details and upload the requested photographs. You should select your First Choice course, but you will be considered for others according to your age and qualifications.
3. Make a payment of £45 for the first-round college audition. This fee is non-refundable.
4. You will receive confirmation of registration and receipt of audition payment via e-mail.
5. You will be allocated a first-round audition date and be told what to wear and prepare for the audition day via e-mail (a record of all communications can be found under ‘Messages’ when you log into your account). You will be asked to take part in a ballet class, a jazz class and to prepare two contrasting songs from musicals (bring along piano sheet music for both) and an acting monologue of your choice. There is no need to prepare a dance solo in advance.
6. Log back in to confirm your audition date. (We cannot process your application without this, but you can select an alternative date).
7. Attend your audition on the confirmed date. The day usually lasts from 8:30am to around 6.00pm. Parents/guardians will be given a brief talk and tour of the building first thing and then asked to return at the end of the day.
8. Urdang will confirm by e-mail whether your audition was successful or unsuccessful. Unfortunately, we are unable to give feedback.
9. If your audition is successful, you will either be offered a place on a course (see point 12) OR be invited back to a Recall audition. There is no guarantee of a place at this audition, but you will be re-considered for courses and funding according to your age and qualifications.
10. Login and confirm your Recall Audition date.
11. Attend your Recall Audition on the confirmed date.
12. Urdang will confirm the outcome of your audition via e-mail. If you are successful, you will be offered one of the following:
• A confirmed place on the 16-18 AVT Level 3 Diploma Programme – conditional on academic qualifications
• A confirmed place on the Foundation Programme
• A confirmed place on the Diploma Programme
• A confirmed place on the Degree Programme – conditional on academic qualifications
• A recall audition for any of the above programmes.
13. You must then log in confirm or reject your place within 14 days. This is in order for us to manage the limited spaces we have on each course. If you accept you must agree to the Terms and Conditions of study and pay a deposit (where applicable). You will also be asked to complete a short Medical Questionnaire. If you do not accept by the deadline you will be placed on a waiting list for a place. We will be in touch later in the year should a suitable place become available.
14. If you are unable to make an audition in person, please contact us and we can provide details of how to prepare a video audition.
You can also view our Admissions and Auditions Policy here.
"The warm and friendly staff and family atmosphere along with training that is tailored to me as an individual make urdang a fantastic place to study"