You will be able to register online for a free place at an Open Day shortly. An announcement will be made on the website in the next few weeks.
For all of its courses, Urdang looks for candidates with talent, ambition and personality who are committed, disciplined and hardworking.
Potential and personality are as equally valued as previous experience and attainment. We are looking for raw talent that shines, as well as talented students with previous training. We know that applications and auditions can be stressful, so we’ve set our process below along with any details you need to know to properly prepare for your audition.
1. Register for online application.
2. Complete the online full-time courses application form with your personal details and upload the requested photographs. You should select your FIRST CHOICE course, but you will be considered for others according to your age and qualifications.
3. Make a payment of £45 for the first-round college audition. This fee is non-refundable.
4. You will receive confirmation of registration and receipt of audition payment via e-mail.
5. You will be allocated an audition date and what to prepare for the audition day via e-mail (a record of all communications can be found under ‘Messages’ when you log into your account).
6. Log in to confirm your audition date. (We cannot process your application without this, you can select an alternative date).
7. Attend your audition on the confirmed date.
8. Urdang will confirm by e-mail whether your audition was successful or unsuccessful. Unfortunately we are unable to give feedback.
9. If you pass your first-round audition, you will either:
- be invited back to a FUNDING audition. You will have a place at Urdang but this audition will also determine which course you will be placed on and what funding will be available to you.
- be invited back to a RECALL audition. You do not have a place at Urdang yet, but you will be re-considered for courses according to your age and qualifications.
In exceptional cases only, and at the discretion of the Audition Panel, an applicant may be fast-tracked onto one of our full-time courses and will not be required to attend a recall audition.
10. Login and confirm your Funding/Recall Audition date.
11. Attend your Funding/Recall Audition on the confirmed date.
12. Urdang will confirm the outcome of your audition via e-mail. If you are successful you will be offered one of the following:
A confirmed place on the 16-18 AVT Level 3 Diploma
A confirmed place on the Foundation
A confirmed place on the Diploma without funding
A confirmed place on the Diploma with funding
A confirmed place on the Degree
13. You must then confirm or reject your place. If you accept you will be sent Terms and Conditions with a deposit payment request via email.
14. You can also view our Admissions and Auditions Policy here.
"The warm and friendly staff and family atmosphere along with training that is tailored to me as an individual make urdang a fantastic place to study"